WebDB: Three Questions

From: <jhale_at_gmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 19:32:44 GMT

 I have created a simple table,created forms, reports and a site in an attempt to test WebDBs capbilitites for placing request forms and reports on-line.

Question 1. In the creation of Forms, I attempted to change the sequence of the fields so that they are presented more logically for the individual requirements for this particular data collection. First, upon completion of the form, it runs successfully with the data fields sequenced correctly. But once I go back to edit the form the sequencing of the data fields are not in the same sequence that I had changed them to, nor are they in the original sequence. Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do to correct this problem?

Question 2. In my table I have a data field named Rundate. I want to compare this date with the sysdate so that my reports select only the forms data for the current date. Any solutions?

Question 3. I have created a site. I can access this site as administrator by going through WebDB then selecting Build Sites but I cannot http directly to the site. I get error 30573: You do not have permission for this operation. I have attempted to make sure that I have cracefully logged out of the site and WebDB and attempted to log in with my id and with the tutorial user MILLER. I am surprised that I am getting any checking since this avenue is "For Public Access". Any insights would be appreciated.

Jerre Received on Mon Mar 13 2000 - 20:32:44 CET

Original text of this message