Re: Forms 5: Populating Intersection Tables

From: Neville Sweet <sweet.neville.nj_at_bhp.com.au.no_junk_email>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:53:20 +1100

Hi Brian,

Why don't you defer creation of the intersecting row until the keys exist? You could simply capture the fact that a row was clicked and then during commit processing create the required intersecting row. For example, set a non-display table item of varchar(1) to 'Y' when the row is clicked, and then in a Post-Insert trigger if the item = 'Y' then insert your intersecting row.
You might also consider using a displayed checkbox, so that the user could change their mind about the intersection prior to commit.