Oracle Application Server problem

From: marketmaker <wensheng_98NOweSPAM_at_yahoo.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/11

I made a error when I first install OAS on a NT box (Oops). There was a dialog box asking for TCP/IP domain name during install, which I entered as hostname. When I terminated the install process and restarted it, it wouldn't ask that question ever again. Even when I blew away every directory for the aborted install, this question still wouldn't show up at the next install. So I went along with it, only to find that some aspects of OAS wouldn't function. For example, when I tried to access the server configuration of the listener through OAS manager, I got a message saying "can't locate the server hostname.hostname:port", which clearly is a consequence of my early error.
Does anyone know how I can correct the domain name error? Thanks!

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!