Re: Development tools for accesing Oracle

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:34:45 GMT

Alan,

I have used both VB and Developer. If you have vast experience in cranking out VB applications and have never used Developer, then you should stay with VB IF you will only be running Microsoft clients. If you have need of other clients then VB is not the way to go. Developer will give you the platform independence that is required in a cross platform environment.

I have been in the position where clients have originally asked for applications to be developed in VB and while developing the product I have reproduced the effort in Developer. In almost all cases Developer has been far superior. I have had to create very complex Gantt style interactive displays which, when produced with VB brought down the LAN and WAN while being used.

HTH Brian.

*