Re: About OAS 4.8.01

From: <vietmv_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:23:11 GMT

from the new Oracle8i Web Development book:

"... when OAS and RDBMS are configured on the same machine, after installation the SQL*Net listener may consume all of the CPU time. ... The default listener.ora file contains listener conf. examples or samples. These sample are _not_ valid and _must_ be removed. Otherwise, when OAS hits the listener, it consumes all of your machine's CPU trying to find the bogus listener entries."

good luck!

In article <89nnk7$tcs$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   fatih_dokmeci_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I want to add something ;
> we have NT40 with SP5..
> Yesterday we got a 'dll' -> ys40.dll from ORACLE.
> Now, the CPU usage is not always 100% but as i said before
> if even 1 person try to connect it becomes 100% and somehow it hits
100%
> every 2-3 seconds although not used and even no query is running. MEM
> usage became in average 130 MB ...
>
> fatih
>
> In article <89m1db$l65$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> fatihd_at_kocdg.com.tr wrote:
> > Hi,
> > We have some problem with using OAS 4.8.01 on NT4.0
> > Our machine has PIII-500 Mhz ,256 MB RAM and 9 GB HDD.
> >
> > As DB we use 7.3.4 on another machine and no other application is
> > running in the OAS server. The problem is that eventhough only one
> > person is connected to OAS server the CPU usage is 100% and memory
> > usage is over 212 MB in average. We also get sometimes the
famous 'DR
> > WATSON.. ' message ...
> >
> > In addition from the task manager i see that the listener prosses
get
> > all the resources. We use only the PLS/SQL cartdrige.
> >
> > I need some help on how i can tune or make anything so that the CPU
> > usage become MUCH MUCH less?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 21:23:11 CET

Original text of this message