Re: Oracle ODBC DSN problem

From: <remidesp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:49:12 GMT

Slight correction to previous post.

After more testing, I've discovered that using some code I've written with the ODBC API, I can connect. Whether I build a connection string *or* use a DSN.

However, I'm unable to connect (using the same DSN) if I try using MSQuery (not really surprised) or 'Oracle ODBC Test' (this kind of bothers me).

Any thoughts?

R/mi.

In article <8a8lvb$p2o$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   remidesp_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I've got something of a problem, and it has me a little stumped. If
> anyone could help out, suggest possible solutions or offer any ideas,
> I'd appreciate it. I'm sure it's nothing complicated.
>
> I'm trying to create a DSN to connect to an Oracle 8.1.5 server
(Oracle
> ODBC driver 8.01.05.00 are on both my machine and the server) from my
> machine. I connect to the database from my own machine using Oracle
> Enterprise Manager, so I know the service is set up correctly. Testing
> the service (using the Net8 Easy Config utility or tnsping) also
shows
> it to be ok.
>
> (I should probably mention that I have Oracle Enterprise Manager and
> some Oracle Client software running on my machine in two different
> Oracle homes.)
>
> I try to set up my DSN using this same service and the same
username,
> but I can't connect using ODBC - not with Oracle ODBC Test or any
> other
> tools. When I try, the tool locks up.
>
> Any thoughts?
> Thanks in advance,
>
> R/mi.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 19:49:12 CET

Original text of this message