Using OEM to start and shutdown database over network

From: (wrong string) érez Ron <manuel.perezron_at_teleline.es>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 18:29:48 GMT

[Quoted] I have installed OEM 1.6.0 in a Windows NT WorkStation and Oracle Server 8.0.6 in a HP-UX Server.

I get connect over the instance in hp-ux and I can do a lot of things but, I can´t start or shut the database. It says me ORA-01031: insuficient privileges

I've connect as system user but not as SYSDBA or SYSOPER because it says username and/or password incorrect. As Normal privilegies I can connect but I suppose it's the problem of the ORA-01031 message.

Any suggestion? Thanks.

--
Manuel Pérez Ron
VCR Ingeniería de Software SL