Re: Import Excel spread sheet to ORacle

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:29:25 GMT

Use my freeware SQL Link for XL. It allows you to query as well as insert/update/delete data to Oracle databases.

It allows you to build your query using its QBE functionality. So you don't need to know SQL to build complex SQL statments including GROUP BY, HAVING, WHERE clauses etc.

You can also access 100% of its functionality from your own macros/VBA code so developing custom applications is a snap.

It has a very powerful self-running tutorial/demo which will teach you every thing while you just watch it.

Future versions of SQL Link for XL will be integrated with my very popular freeware SQLPlusPlus.

Downlaod everything absolutely free.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:951686861.22132.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> Three options:
> - dump the sheets to a .csv file and use sql*loader
> - use the Oracle ODBC driver to connect Excel directly to Oracle.
> - As Oracle also comes with Oracle Objects for OLE for VB and VC++,
you
> could also write one program using the ODBC text driver, the ODBC
driver
for
> Excel and Oracle Objects for OLE to get the data loaded.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Maggie <maggiezhou_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am planing to create an oracle database. The database will
receive
from
> > three difference data resources, two from excel spreadsheets, one
from
> flat
> > file. My question is that does Oracle have a tool to import the
Excel
> > spreadsheet to Oracle database? Just like the MS SQL Server which
has
DTS
> > to import Excel spreadsheet to table, I would like to know if Oracle
have
> > similar tool.
> >
> > Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 18:29:25 CET

Original text of this message