ProC and Share Memory?

From: root <dfwang2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 17:54:07 +0800

I have 2 simple C programm share one share memeory segment, and they must operate Oracle 8.0.5 database. The server process create and attach one memory segment, and the client process attach the same segment to read/write data. When I compile and link them using gnu tools or ansi C tools, they work quite successfully. But becase they must operate database, once we compile them together with Pro C, the server can create and attach the segment, but the client cann't attach to the same segment, quite puzzling.

I have tried on HP-UX 11.0 with Oracle 8.0.5 and SuSe Linux 6.0 with Oracle 8.0.5, the result are the same.

What the problem and how to fix it?

Thanks...

David Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 10:54:07 CET

Original text of this message