How to normalize these 3 tables?

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 23:55:11 GMT

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi, I was given 3 tables and am wondering how to normalize or restructure them:

table PROJECT:

[Quoted] [Quoted] [Quoted] project_id	integer primary key
[Quoted] project_name	varchar2(20)

table DRUG:
drug_id		integer primary key
[Quoted] drug_project_id	integer foreign key drug_project(drug_project_id)

table DRUG_PROJECT:
drug_project_id	integer primary key
project_id	integer	foreign key project(project_id)
drug_id		integer foreign key drug(drug_id)

The reason I have drug_project is because the same drug can associate with different projects and I would like to have an unique id for each. But it looks like it won't work since I have to foreign keys pointing each other on 2nd and 3rd tables.

I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Susana

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:55:11 CET

Original text of this message