JDBC Beta Program for multi database data access ( CONNX Access all your enterprise data using JDBC)

From: Jon-Jacques Umphrey <jumphrey_at_solutionsiq.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:37:23 -0800

I would like to invite you to take advantage of a very special offer from SolutionsIQ by taking part in the upcoming Beta program for the latest version of CONNX.

This latest version of CONNX will allow JDBC based applications to connect to a CONNX data source. Amongst other things this means that web servers such as Apache or Netscape can now have secure read/write access simultaneously to all your enterprise data whether it resides in Oracle, DB2, RMS, Rdb, DBMS, SQL Server, Sybase, Informix or any OLEDB/ ODBC compliant data source. All of your enterprise datasources are treated as if they existed together in one relational database which you can then access from any platform that supports JAVA! Not only that but you can create views which can join data from multiple tables across platforms. This latest release of CONNX will be a tremendous tool for enabling you to web enable all your disparate databases within your enterprise. CONNX can be used to assist you in: Application development, Ad Hoc Reporting, Data migration, Data warehousing or as a vital component in your enterprise information strategy.

The beta release candidate will also include extensive on-line documentation and sample applications using JDBC. The evaluation period is expected to be short, consisting of 60 days for your product evaluation, feedback, and refinements. Active participants in the beta program will become eligible to purchase the market-release version of CONNX at a discount as thanks for your contributions as well as receive a CONNX JDBC (Project Ambrosia) T-shirt.

To participate in the CONNX beta program, please complete the beta environment questionnaire on line at
<http://www.solutionsiq.com/products/beta.asp>. A limited number of Beta sites will be selected for the program from questionnaires received by March 15th. You will receive notification of your eligibility around the same time.
Eligible sites will receive more information once selection is complete.

We are excited about this latest release of CONNX and are confident that it will become a vital component of your IT strategy. We anticipate the beta period to commence around the middleof March. We appreciate your time and look forward to receiving your NDA and questionnaire.

Sincerely

Jon-Jacques Umphrey
Product Manager
SolutionsIQ Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 18:37:23 CET

Original text of this message