Re: Developer version 6 Installation method

From: Pascal Glauser <glauser_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 07:05:06 GMT

Samuel,

I have no experience with installing on win95. But I am deploying about the same products on NT, and one experience is that I have to start for every product the previously installed installer 3.3.1.0.0C and then select the product to install in the FROM-dialogue rather than using the installer that is startet automatically the Product-CD is insert (the latter is outdated with almost every product).

HTH Pascal

In article <38c4c09d_at_news.iohk.com>,
  "Samuel" <seatechk_at_iohk.com> wrote:
> Hi! Have you ever tried to install the Developer & server version 6
into
> your workstation (Windows 95)? I have problem in installation method.
> While I had installed the Oracle 8 client into my workstation and then
> installed the Developer, I got illegal operation errors.
>
> My Oracle 8 client installer version is 3.3.1.0.0C and the Developer
> installer version 3.2.2.1.1. I also tried to install the 7.3.3 client
with
> the Developer, but I still got the problem. If I remove all Oracle
clients
> from my workstation and install the Developer only, it is no problem
at all!
> However, I will not have the Net8 Easy Config.
>
> Does any know why and tell me the procedure to install the Developer?
>
> Thanks
>
> Samuel

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 08 2000 - 08:05:06 CET

Original text of this message