Re: Talking to Outlook on NT from Oracle on UNIX

From: DriftWood <drift_wood_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 19:42:51 GMT

[Quoted] In article <8a0l7d$tdq$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Maria T <mtproc_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am wanting to be able to send emails thru Outlook from an Oracle
> 7.3.4 database on Solaris UNIX.

OK, so what is it that you are really trying to do? Outlook is a mail client that runs on Windows. Are you saying that you somehow want to remotely activate this client program (from a Unix RDBMS) and have it send an email? Perhaps you want an email sent by the RDBMS to be received in an Outlook client? The first is going to be most difficult (if not impossible, but I hate to say it can't be done), the second need not be difficult at all. If you are using an SMTP/Internet type of mail system on your internal network, there are a number of options for having PL/SQL code send an email message. If you are using a Microsoft Mail post office, then you will probably want to enable an SMTP mail server that can act as a bridge.

--
-cheers
  DW

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/