Re: Max open cursors

From: Aznable <termy_at_blunet.it>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 16:39:45 +0100

> I'm wondering how far I can increase the OPEN_CURSORS parameter on my Oracle
> 8.05 database until some different problem comes up besides "Max Open
> Cursors Exceeded"?
>
> I have a Java class that is reading some records from a file, doing some
> validation and then calling a series of stored procedures to insert the data
> into 4 tables.

You are not closing cursors on your java classes. TO close the cursors you have 2 close the satement you have create and the result set also. We had a similar problem with java.
I cant remember exactly which methods
you have 2 use becos i am at home and i havent the documentation right now.
If you need more infoz feel free 2 send me a mail

> I should also mention that we've added COMMITs in the Java code at various
> places to try and circumvent the problem, to no avail. Am I missing
> something here too? I thought a COMMIT would release the cursor resources.

Nah...U have 2 close the statement and the resultset :)

> Is there anything else to try for this situation, or should I just keepin
> incrementing OPEN_CURSORS?

[Quoted] No! Every open cursors takes resources :)

Ciao :) Received on Sun Mar 05 2000 - 16:39:45 CET

Original text of this message