All else equal - Dual 800 MHz or Quad 550 MHz Xeons - on NT4.0?

From: Stephen Wellman <swellman_at_chemware.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:55:20 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have a client who is wants me to help size a sever for their Oracle [Quoted] database (probble 10 GB in 2 years). They can't decide to buy a dual 800 MHz [Quoted] PIII system or a quad 550 MHz Xeon server running NT 4.0 SP5. Can anyone [Quoted] [Quoted] help? All else equal, which system configuration would be faster? I realize [Quoted] this is somewhat of a lame question, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Stephen Received on Fri Mar 03 2000 - 20:55:20 CET

Original text of this message