Re: OAS 4081: Not accepting Node Manager password

From: <vietmv_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/01

We had the same problem yesterday. We found out that because our box had both the DB and OAS installed, the environment variables were messed up, even with multiple Oracle Homes. So check these things: $ORACLE_HOME, $ORACLE_SID and $PATH. It's not the password that got trashed.

good luck

In article <892a3i$ap8$1_at_redftp.redftp.attws.com>,   "Verna Legaspi" <verna.legaspi_at_attws.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After much trouble, I *think* we've finally got OAS 4081 installed on
 our
> E4000, Solaris 2.6 machine. It's going to be run against an 8.1.5
 database.

> The (hopefully) last problem we're having is accessing any of
 the "admin"
> pages. These are on the default ports - 8888 8889. The URL(s) I'm
 trying
> are -
> http://server:8888/
> http://server.domain.com:8888/
> http://server:8889/
> http://server.domain.com:8889/
>
> It seems like it's not the URL that's the problem as I'm receiving the
> dialog box that prompts for my password. It's when I put in the
 admin or
> www password that it tells me its incorrect:
> "This document is protected. You must send the proper authorization
> information to access it."
>
> I've tried using the oaspasswd utility to reset all the passwords,
> re-started the listeners, but still no luck.
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Verna

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Mar 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message