Re: Import Excel spread sheet to ORacle

From: M. Armaghan Saqib <armaghan_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/02/29

You could also use my tool SQL Link for XL to transfer data from Oracle to
XL. It uses OO4O thus giving you native connectivity.

regards,
M. Armaghan Saqib

+---------------------------------------------------------------
 +---------------------------------------------------------------
+---------------------------------------------------------------

Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:951686861.22132.0.pluto.d4ee154e_at_news.demon.nl...
> Three options:
> - dump the sheets to a .csv file and use sql*loader
> - use the Oracle ODBC driver to connect Excel directly to Oracle.
> - As Oracle also comes with Oracle Objects for OLE for VB and VC++,
 you
> could also write one program using the ODBC text driver, the ODBC
driver
for
> Excel and Oracle Objects for OLE to get the data loaded.
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
>
> Maggie <maggiezhou_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I am planing to create an oracle database. The database will
receive
from
> > three difference data resources, two from excel spreadsheets, one
 from
 flat
> > file. My question is that does Oracle have a tool to import the
 Excel
> > spreadsheet to Oracle database? Just like the MS SQL Server which
has
DTS
> > to import Excel spreadsheet to table, I would like to know if Oracle
 have
> > similar tool.
> >
> > Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 29 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message