URGENT - Oracle Application Server 4.0.8.1

From: <hostmaster_at_sipri.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 11:32:22 +0100

Hi

I really REALLY need help on this one, and Oracle support have been less

than helpful.

OS:         Solaris 2.7
OAS:      4.0.8.1 (we need that version because of the Jservlet
cartridge)
Cpu:        Enterprise 250 (multiple processor)

Basically we're experiencing extremely erratic cartridge behaviour with Jservlets and PL/SQL. About 80% of the time the message "An application error occurred" is displayed. Logging is on maximum security level yet the logfiles show nothing useful.
I've tried reinstalling but nothing helps :/ The reason I mention what cpu we have is that I've heard rumours that all the problems could be related to the fact that it's a multiprocessor

box.
Does anyone know anything (anything at all!!!) about this?

Also, has anyone managed to successfully install the OAS on a linux box (it's the only other possible machine we have round the place, but I get

./orainst: [: too many arguments
./orainst: ./orainst.cm: cannot execute binary file

Distribution is Debian slink.

TIA

--
/cheers

Mareike,
the magician_at_sipri.se

(..."Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from
magic"
 -- Arthur C Clarke --)