Re: [urgent] OAS on Solaris

From: Mareike Ernst <ernst_at_sipri.se>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:46:32 +0100

Hi :)

> [o] How stable is the OAS on Solaris?

4.0.8.1 isn't the most stable version ever (at least on Soalris 2.7). We are experiencing problems with PL/SQL and Jservlet cartridges ("An application error has occurred"), and even on maximum error legging level nothing turns up in the logfiles.
4.0.7 is much more stable, were running it for 6 months with no problems whatsoever.

> [o] Has anybody encountered any stability problems running OAS on
> Solaris?

See above :)

> [o] Which version of OAS should we use? We're currently thinking of
> sticking to 4.0.8.1

Well unless you need the extra cartridges there are under 4.0.8.1 I would recommend a 4.0.7x version. Or at least wait with 4.0.8.1 until some patches (any patches!!) are available.

> [o] Which version of Solaris should we use?

I would use 2.7 as this is the highest version that Oracle provide products support for, and it's best to use the newest version possible for bugfix/security reasons.

> [o] Can OAS running on Solaris talk to a database running on NT, or do
> they have to be on the same OS?

I'm afraid I don't know this one.

--
/cheers

Mareike,
the magician_at_sipri.se

(..."Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"

 -- Arthur C Clarke --)