SQL*Plus Log On HELP

From: Tunji Oke <tunji_at_linqmial.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 08:00:12 GMT

Hello
[Quoted] [Quoted] I just installed Oracle 8i on Windows NT 'WORKSTATION' This is a stand anlne PC not connected to any server. My main purpose is to use SQL*Plus . But the "Log On" screen is asking for 2 variables
1. Username
2. Password
3. Host String

I do however use a sign on for my NT workstation during startup seccion. I tried that "log on" but it did not help. All Oracel documentation I dead indicates to sign on as "scott" and "tiger" but no installation mentioned the "host string" And all the people requestin guser/password help on this newsgroup did not mention "host string" or "Log On" on a standalone Winnt Workstation. If anyone has encountered this or can help please reply here or directly to my email: tunji_at_linqmail.com
Many thanks Received on Mon Feb 28 2000 - 09:00:12 CET

Original text of this message