Oracle 8.0.4 & Wingate

From: Martin Brekhof <m.brekhof_at_home.nl>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 22:07:41 GMT

We're using an Oracle 8.0.4 database on our internal network which is connected to the internet through a machine running wingate. Basically we have our internal numbering (172. etc) and an outside number (212. etc). Our wingate server redirects queries to port 1521 to the Oracle server which listens on port 1521. I can get a reply using 'tnsping80 oracle-test'. However I can not get connected to a database using either Delphi or Oracle tools (username and password are correct). We enabled the connection manager on port 1610 but it has had no positive result. Anyone any experience or suggestions?

tia,
Martin Received on Sun Feb 27 2000 - 23:07:41 CET

Original text of this message