Re: Running an SQL File - Help

From: <ccyr6798_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:20:16 GMT

VB can kick an OS script like a DOS .bat file or DOS command? then you could execute something like

"plus80 mylogin/mypw_at_mydb myscript.sql"

not sure how to check return codes for errors..

In article <38B6FD02.FEBCD6ED_at_home.com>,   Sally Madeira <softsense_at_home.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have sveral *.sql files that I need to run during a process that I
am
> writing in visual basic. I am using ADO and have not found anything
> that is useful. These sql scripts are not short. One script creates
20
> temporary tables! Is there a command line argument that I could kick
> off from VB that could run the scripts.
>
> Thanks
> Sally

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Feb 26 2000 - 15:20:16 CET

Original text of this message