Re: [urgent] OAS on Solaris

From: <buckeye714_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:31:49 GMT

We have been using OAS 4.0.7 on Solaris 2.6 for about 6 months. We have experienced only one problem that denied access to the database. I do not think it was caused by OAS though. It must of happened overnight, we could not connect to the database first thing in the morning. I had to bounce the instance and OAS to get things going again.

We originally had the OAS software on one Sun E250 and the database on another. We also had a test and development instance on the database server. There was little to no overhead associated with OAS, so we moved OAS to the production server and put the test and development instances on the other server. Their was no degradation in service because of this. We have hundreds (> 800) of users from 6 states who use the application. Things have been really stable.

In article <8941pu$7ac$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Girts Graudins <ggraudins_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> We are considering porting our OAS application from NT to Solaris.
> Before we commit to this decision we need some questions answered.
>
> Current Setup
> =============
> Our OAS application is using PL/SQL cartridge. We have two OAS 4.0.8.1
> servers on NT 4.0, SP 5 that talk to a Oracle 8.0.5.1 database running
> on NT 4.0, SP 5. We're considering putting the OAS on Solaris boxes in
> hopes of better stability.
>
> Questions
> =========
> [o] Has anybody done anything like this?
> [o] How stable is the OAS on Solaris?
> [o] Has anybody encountered any stability problems running OAS on
> Solaris?
> [o] Which version of OAS should we use? We're currently thinking of
> sticking to 4.0.8.1
> [o] Which version of Solaris should we use?
> [o] Can OAS running on Solaris talk to a database running on NT, or do
> they have to be on the same OS?
> [o] Are there any peculiarities about running OAS on Solaris as
opposed
> to NT?
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Girts Graudins
> Consulant
> The Exeter Group, Inc.
> ggraudins_at_hotmail.com
> http://www.exetergroup.com/
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 22:31:49 CET

Original text of this message