Oracle Form calls procedure to run in the database server

From: <david_petit_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 17:49:15 GMT

[Quoted]   I am using Forms 5.0. I want to create a button such that when the user press this button, the Form will send a request to the database server and a PL/SQL procedure will be run in the database server. However, the procedure may take a long time to run. What function should [Quoted] I use such that after the user press this button, the Forms still continue to work (i.e. no need to wait the procedure to finish)?

Thanks,
David

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 18:49:15 CET

Original text of this message