SQL*Loader / flat files

From: Pierre Labrecque <pierre.labrecque_at_pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:09:48 GMT

[Quoted] Hi everyone,

[Quoted] I am new in the world of Oracle and I have an easy question for you.

I have two workstations that will access an Oracle database located on a server through Oracle Discoverer 3.1. Users will have to populate the database with ASCII flat files.

These flat files are easy to upload into the database, using SQL*Loader, when the user is logged on the server. However, we would like the user to be [Quoted] able to populate the database from a workstation.

Is there way to call the SQL*Loader from the workstation?

Or

If we install Oracle Personal edition on the workstation (assuming that this [Quoted] version comes with SQL*Loader) can we populate the database located on the server for the workstation?

Or

Any other suggestions.

thanks,

Pierre Received on Fri Feb 25 2000 - 17:09:48 CET

Original text of this message