Use active connections in PROC program

From: Cantemir Palasanu <cantemir.palasanu_at_icn.siemens.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 10:44:11 +0100

We have a C program dummy.pc (we use Pro C), that is linked as a dll ( dummy.dll) and used in an external library using the extproc feature of Oracle.

From sqlplus I will call the procedure something like exec dummy_pkg.dummy( 1,2,3);
Till now there is no problem, everything works fine but I would like to avoid establishing the connection inside my pro C program, because when the procedure will be called the connection is already established. As you know the connect takes about 1-1.5 seconds that I would like to spare. How can I use inside my PRO C program the connection already established outside?

Has anybody a solution to this problem?

--

                              \\\|///

Cantemir Palasanu
E-mail:cantemir.palasanu_at_icn.siemens.de
                  .oooO     (   )
                     \_)