"Distance between records" property in Forms 6

From: cfischer <cfischerNOcfSPAM_at_iname.com.invalid>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 11:25:57 -0800

[Quoted] Hello all,

I'm trying to write a standard utility that displays a graphical item next to the item the mouse pointer is currently hovering over. This is very easy for items that are displayed only one record at a time by GET_ITEM_PROPERTY x and y pos, then adjusting accordingly. It gets tricky when items_displayed is > 1. I could easily adjust using :SYSTEM.MOUSE_RECORD_OFFSET * height of item, but I can't account for distance between records.

I found undocumented support in GET_ITEM_PROPERTY for RECORDS_DISPLAYED but I can't figure out how to determine the distance between records. Another way to do it would be if I could use X_POS and Y_POS with GET_ITEM_INSTANCE_PROPERTY.

Any ideas?

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!