need something to convert SQL Strings

From: Patrick Joyal <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:58:44 GMT

Is there a software or a ocx I could use in VB to automatically convert SQL String to fit any database system?

I'm converting an application currently using Access, but I want to be able to support both Access and Oracle database.

Before starting to work with Access, I thought there were some sort of standards I could rely on, but to my disappointment, Oracle uses (+) instead of Left Join (which is also supported by SQL Server) .

You could tell me wich one is closer to the "standard", but the real point is I don't want to go through my code
and have a listing that like this :

Select case DatabaseSystem

    case "Access"

' execute a 2 pages long Sql

    case "Oracle"

' execute another 2 pages long Sql
    case else

' execute some other sql

end select

So, is there some translators I could on the fly?

thanks

Patrick Received on Thu Feb 24 2000 - 15:58:44 CET

Original text of this message