Re: Forms 5 Exceptions

From: Hendrik Stein <bfe_stein_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:38:10 +0100

S. van Hoof <info_at_hoof.nl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8914tg$c3s$1_at_news1.xs4all.nl...
> Hi,
> I am using Forms 5 and Oracle 73
>
> When writing PLS/SQL exception-handling is needed.
>
> I don't understand the kind of errors and the difference between them.
>
> - On-error I read 'error_code' and display 'error_text'
> Are all possible error's catched this way?
>
> I did read about 'dbms_error_codes' and their usage. I also did read about
> SQLERROR.
>
> Can someone tell me more about the different errors and their handling?
>
> Thanks
> Stephan

Hello Stephan,
let me tell you, that you can have 2 kinds of error when you are working with forms

  • the first is the error which is signed as FRM - 99999 this is an error in your form. for example ...trigger has unhadeld exception ... you can see the kind of error in the help menue of forms ... go to your HELP - System in Forms an search via Index FRM ... an you can see alle Forms - Error - Messages.
    • the second is the possibility of an oracle - error. it is signed with ORA - 99999 this is an databse - error may be column does not exist or someone else ... this error is fine displayed when you start your application by using the default menue of the ORACLE - Developer. go to Help and use -> display error <- if it is an databse - error the system will shoe you the wrong database access.

Hope it will help
Regards

Hendrik Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 20:38:10 CET

Original text of this message