Oracle vs. MAPICS XA (AS/400)

From: <duane000_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 15:31:46 GMT

[Quoted] Our manufacturing shop is currently utilizing MAPICS DB on IBM AS/400 as our main ERP software. The management is looking into new potential software solutions. Two applications have been considered: MAPICS XA and Oracle. At first look, XA seems to be a better fit due to relatively easy transition from MAPICS DB to XA (of course going to XA and staying on AS400 is significantly less expensive). It also seem to have more functionality related to our shop needs. At the same time, Oracle is "prettier" and more internet oriented. I am sure many companies went through similar conversions. Can anyone share their experience and provide some pros and cons of both MAPICS XA and Oracle applications? Thanks in advance.

Duane.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 16:31:46 CET

Original text of this message