Planet Earth calling Pascal Glauser

From: <mvonk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:34:02 GMT

Hi Pascal ,

A few ago you replied to the thread "Compare performance of WebDB and OAS " in this group. You wrote
Are the forms to publish already written in Oracle Forms?. So there's only one answer: Dev Server. But: its suitable almost only for intranet, because the users will have to install an 8-MB-Plugin (jinitiator) first and a 2-MB-applet in second step. Fortunately, these downloads take place only once (not once per session, but once per browser-version). Once this is done, Dev Server is suprisingly fast. However, I have experience only with few users (1..5). BTW: Do you happen do have experience with servlets, or JDeveloper3 ? Pascal Glauser

Question: Where can I find this 2-MB-applet ?? (I cannot find it on technet ?)

Thanks in advance

Martin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Feb 23 2000 - 11:34:02 CET

Original text of this message