Re: how to get excel into oracle

From: Benita Haslett <haslett_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:15:26 GMT

If you've got ODBC connections etc. you can import the Excel ss into MS Access, then export the Access table(s) one by one to the Oracle instance. Easy. Just make sure (1) the Access table names and column names are all in upper case, to save the trouble of enclosing them in double quotes when they get to Oracle, and (2) you do not have a table with the same name in the Oracle schema receiving the export. This is my preferred method.
e.g. you could also save the Excel as delimited file (extension .csv) then use SQLLoader to import this to Oracle. Regards, Benits

--
Benita Haslett				email:	haslett_at_telusplanet.net
Oracle Analyst/DBA			Tel:	780-624-7072