how to get excel into oracle

From: Jack Montealegre <jmontealegre_at_lucent.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:47:05 -0500

[Quoted] Hey folks,

[Quoted] [Quoted] Need help here. Beginner at 8i on NT and recently created some tables [Quoted] [Quoted] and views for a db to web application. I imported the data via Oracle's [Quoted] Workbench beta program, thank god that program was out there. Now I'm [Quoted] [Quoted] having a problem with an input web form that is normally used by the clients. So now I've had to resort to getting in client's information some other way until I have time to work on the form.

They have the table data in a Excel File. How do I get that data from the Excel file to the table in 8i with minimal amount of effort?

I'm guessing you could save the excel file into a text tab delimited file and then somehow bring it into Oracle.

But how? Boy some say MS SQL sucks but if I was using it, no brain energy would need to be spent for this move :) j/k

Please help,

Jack

P.S. other than SQL Plus and my Web Forms is there client side software [Quoted] that a user might use to input data? Maybe something that comes with [Quoted] Oracle which can use Net8 for connection? Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 20:47:05 CET

Original text of this message