WebDB Users and row-level permissions

From: Jacquie Adam <jacquieNOSPAM_at_softtracks.com>
Date: 22 Feb 2000 10:51:50 -0800

[Quoted] I have a question regarding row-level security for WebDB report users.

For example, in a University the professor goes in and enters grades for everybody. The student can then log in to the WebDB site and view a report [Quoted] that only shows his or her grades. I'm guessing the WebDB username has to be [Quoted] somehow mapped to the proper studentid. I know this can be done, but HOW would it be implemented?

[Quoted] StudentID Grade
--------- -----

12345         84%
97352         67%

WebDB USERS: (Not currently in a table in my database)

Userid Password

KenJones     f39f3    <--- student 12345
TomWhite     9fjm3    <----student 97352

Any pointers greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jacquie. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 19:51:50 CET

Original text of this message