WebDB vs. ColdFusion

From: <mufan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:51:35 GMT

Hello

This is a naive question so please bear with me.

We would like to create a database preferably in Oracle and put that info up on our web server. The data will be accessible to anybody in the world.

Right now the solution that has been suggested to us is Oracle 8i and WebDB. I was wondering what the difference (and relative strengths & weaknesses) is between this path and the following:

Oracle 8i + ColdFusion + Apache WWW Server

Thanks very much. If you would prefer to mail me directly, please use charles.alexander_at_vanderbilt.edu

Charles Alexander
(615)322-0855

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 18:51:35 CET

Original text of this message