ORA-26500 Error caching SCHEMA.TABLE$RL

From: Aik Khoon <panadol_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 22:49:04 +0800

Hi,

ORA-26500 Error caching SCHEMA.TABLE$RL

I encountered the above mentioned error recently. However I did not know the primary
cost of it. But it seems to affect only those tables with LOB column (the TABLE$RL is
the LOB package generated by the replication). Because of this error, I could not do DML
into my tables and the ORACLE help file suggestion of using DBMS_REPUTIL.SYNC_UP_REP
does not eliminate the problem. Only after I regenerate the replication support for the
table (which I think will recreate the $RL package) will the tables return to normal. But
I can't use this mention if the system is operationalised.

Does anyone encounter this problem before, especially in a replication environment?
Is there any memory leak? Any information is appreciated because I'm going to
deploy the system soon.

I called up Oracle Tech Support but they will require me to check for the error again
but I have since regenerate the replicaiton objects and do not know when it will
occur again.

Rgds,
Alan Tan Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 15:49:04 CET

Original text of this message