Re: Designer 6 installation probs.

From: Sandra Fraune <aquilon_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:45:15 GMT

Hi,

[Quoted] [Quoted] I installed Designer6 on NT4 (Database on Digital Unix) a few weeks ago and i remember the point you are missing and my installation was without any problems...

Sandra

In article <88r4ri$rbu$1_at_gxsn.com>,
  "Markus Janscha" <markus_at_janscha.co.uk> wrote:
> I just read in the Designer docs that there should be an option to
install
> Oracle Designer (Rel 6) Products
> I do not have that, there is only "Designer Products and Repository"
is
> there something missing on my CD?
>
> Markus
>
> Markus Janscha <markus_at_janscha.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hey there
> >
> > I am unsuccessfully trying to install Designer6.
> >
> > My setup is NT4 running 8iEE.
> > The client is NT4
> >
> > I have manually created all tablespaces, roles, etc and the user
required.
> > But I can not complete installation. Designer refuses to
> > install because of the non existing local database.
> > This does not bother me but Designer 6 does not have an option to
> > install without the preconfigured repository. If I go to custom
install
> it
> > reads
> > "Designer and the preconf repository" and subsequently fails on
install.

> > It is a catch 22 situation.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Markus

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Feb 22 2000 - 13:45:15 CET

Original text of this message