Re: how to install Oracle 8.0.5 & Developer 2.1 on WinNT 4.0

From: Brian W. Chester <bwchester_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 12:51:38 GMT

Jan,

This should not be a problem. I have Oracle 8.0.5.1, Developer 2.1 and Designer 2.1 installed on the same NT 4.0 box, in the same oracle home. What I did was install developer, Designer then O8. One thing to watch for now however, all three of these products use an old, none Y2K compliant version of the installer. Either download the patch from Oracle support or some of the other sites around, or roll the clock back for the install.

HTH Brian.