Re: How do we set new value for a SEQUENCE?

From: Valeri Sorokine <vsorokin_at_dd.ru>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:42:52 +0300

Hi Ingvar,

You CAN set the sequence to the new value without recreating it.

You can even decrement it! :-)

So, try to use this technique:

[Quoted] Suppose you want to set it to the value Y

  select seqcnt.nextval into X from dual;   alter sequence seqcnt increment by (Y-X);   select seqcnt.nextval into X from dual; -- you'll get the value Y :-)   alter sequence seqcnt increment by 1;

Hope that helps.

--
Valeri Sorokine
Oracle Certified Application Developer, Rel.2