Oracle Error 27123:Unable to attach to shared memory

From: Tom Zamani <tomz_at_redflex.com.au>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 09:13:01 +1100

Could you please help me with this.
[Quoted] [Quoted] WE are running Oracle 8i on linux (Red hat 6.0, 2.2.7-1.15 kernel), and we getting Oracle Error 27123:Unable to attach to shared memory Segment when we [Quoted] bumped up the DB_BLOCK_BUFFERS to a high value. We have played with the buffers and found out that the maximum SGA size it can go to is 140MB before [Quoted] Oracle gives this error. We have nearly 0.5 gig physical memory and would like to have a bigger SGA.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Thank you Received on Mon Feb 21 2000 - 23:13:01 CET

Original text of this message