Tuning

From: Robert & Amelia Webb <rob_at_thewebbfamily.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:36:03 -0500

[Quoted] I am doing some access path tuning on Oracle 7.3.4 / Oracle 8.0. When I use EXPLAIN PLAN I can easily tell which tables are being accessed and if the access is using an index. Is there a way to tell how many keys of the index are being used?

For example if I have an index on 2 columns A and B ( in that order) where A has the same value for all rows and B is unique across all rows it would be extremely helpful to determine if the indexes was being accessed on a match of just column A or on both columns A and B.

Thanks,

Robert Received on Sat Feb 19 2000 - 14:36:03 CET

Original text of this message