Re: Bypassing RBS

From: Jerome Moinet <jmoinet_at_netcourrier.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 17:01:27 +0100

[Quoted] Thank you for your help.

[Quoted] [Quoted] But what i am trying to do is to load a table T1 into a table T2, T1 is quite huge (let's say 3Go), using a insert into T1 select * from T2. What is [Quoted] happening is that the RBS is too small, and i can't increase it size. (no disk left...)

So i would like Oracle not to use the RBS. I've been told of parameters used [Quoted] in the database init file to bypass the RBS use. I just would like to restart the database with these parameters, duplicate T1 contents, remove the parameters and restart the database. This is a test database, and it will be destroyed after the use i want to do with it.

if anyone have a solution, thank you by advance.

I'm using Oracle 8.0.6, so the 8i solution doesn't work.