Bizzaire Reports Parameter Problem

From: mgumbs <mgumbsNOmgSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/02/16

I had a form calling a report. The form passed over parameters to the form.

Whenever my parameter contained either a comma or a space, reports refused to run and gave a REP-0159: Syntax Error on Command Line. If there are no commas or spaces, everything is fine.
When using lexical parameters in reports, i want to enclose a select statement in brackets. But when the value gets to reports, the brackets are stripped out!

To overcome this, i have to replace all brackets, spaces and commas with other 'funny' characters and reconvert them in a reports trigger!

Is this a 'feature' of reports? Has anyone else come accross this? I'm using Reports 6.0.5.33.3

Mark

  • Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!