InterMedia WebAgent on Linux

From: Brian Powell <brian_at_nspm-owlscreech.com>
Date: 2000/02/16

Greetings, we are trying to get the InterMedia web agent to run on linux with Apache; however, it will not start up because it cannot locate the oracle intermedia handler. It is able to find it when it is compiled. Possibly an environment problem (not finding ORACLE_HOME)? However, apache spawns as nobody and using the apache configuration provisions for environment settings does not help as they apply only to cgi's.

Has anyone had any luck with Intermedia Webagent on Linux (specifically RedHat 6.1)?

Server version: Apache/1.3.9 (Unix)

The basic problem is that the Oracle InterMedia handler is not found:

[Wed Feb 16 13:42:09 2000] [warn] [client 208.177.146.8] handler
"intermedia-handler" not found for: /home/httpd/intermedia

I've followed the directions provided by Oracle in orahome/ord/web/wscapc.txt
and successfully re-built the Apache with mod_oraordwsc.com

This was verified with httpd -l

Compiled-in modules:
  http_core.c

  mod_access.c
  mod_so.c
  mod_perl.c
  mod_oraordwsc.c

The handler is defined in httpd.conf as follows:

<Location /intermedia>
  SetHandler intermedia-handler
</Location>

My best guess is that the InterMedia handler is never successfully loaded
because the Oracle Module can't find ORACLE_HOME.

When the Apache webserver is restarted, we get an error for this for each server:

[Wed Feb 16 13:25:16 2000] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) mod_perl/1.21
configured -- resuming normal operations

ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!
ORACLE_HOME environment variable not set!

Thanks,
Brian

Remove nspm- to reply via email. Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message