Net8Assistant (Connection test)

From: (wrong string) ébastien <sferrandez_at_wineandco.com_NOSPAM>
Date: 2000/02/16

Preamble : I have installed Oracle 8.0.5 on Solaris 2.6. I am now trying to configure network access to my database, directly (locally) on the
"server" (which in fact is just a Sun workstation).

What I did :

1.Logged on as oracle user
2.Launched the Net8 Assistant
3.Launched the database  (command "dbstart") (the listener was launched
as well)
4.Gave the parameters
5.Was sent the following message in the Connection test dialog box

"The test did not succeed.

ORA-12505 : TNS:Listener could not resolve SID given in connect descriptor".
$ORACLE_SID is defined in the .profile file of the oracle user. PS : i did not change nor configured any TNS*.ORA file or any other ORA file... Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message