Re: Best DBA Tools?

From: Daniel <delj_at_flash.net>
Date: 2000/02/16

> Oh I suppose that a few individuals here and there may find some limited
> usefulness for the product, but I still don't see it as being a good
> enterprise-level tool because it really doesn't supply functionality that
> isn't available otherwise.

You are correct! I could execute half a dozen scripts to do what TOAD is doing... Gee, wouldn't that be better....

And then he spewed forth...
> I also have this extreme dislike for authors who give "cute" names to
 their
> products so that others will think that they are clever. I find the
> practice to be abhorant and I tend to avoid all product that has a "cute"
> name/acronym because it generally indicates a complete lack of
 professional
> approach by the authors. Sooner or later you discover that they are just a
> few guys hanging around with some extra time on their hands and manage to

Try counseling. You have a major hangup here that does not make rational sense. You also have no real support for your argument. From your remarks, it seems that you have an issue with the company or maybe you are just a jerk. TOAD is a fine product. Lot of people use it and it is a productive tool.

Daniel
Austin, TX Received on Wed Feb 16 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message