COPYing data from a table in one DB to a table in another DB

From: Tim McClelland <cst97042_at_camosun.bc.ca>
Date: 2000/02/15

[Quoted] Does anybody know if you can change the buffer size in SQL-PLUS? I've been [Quoted] using the COPY command to copy data from tables in a test database to tables [Quoted] in a production database. This seems to work for tables with small datatype [Quoted] column definitions (eg. INT, VARCHAR2(50)), but when I try copying tables [Quoted] with larger datatypes (eg. VARCHAR2(4000), LONG) it gives me this error:

[Quoted] ORA-01458: invalid length inside variable character string.

Any help is much appreciated.

Tim Received on Tue Feb 15 2000 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message