Re: OAS 4.0.8.1 on NT 4.0 SP 5 stability

From: Bob Boylan <BobBoylan_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/02/15

OKOK We tried using NT for this but abandoned it. The installs went so bad that the product never really made it to the point where it was 'running' at all. On one machine we needed to reformat the hard drive and on the other we took the typical configuration and couldn't layer in the jservlet cartridge after that. The installer wouldn't allow it ... and it wouldn't allow it to be removed! After a week of wrestling with it we wound up going to Solaris and life has been good ever since.

Sounds like you have had much more success than us and just need some tuning. Could it be something silly like 'not enough memory'?

Hope it helps, Bob

Girts Graudins <ggraudins_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:887hvq$hkf$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <87v1oj$ned$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> Girts Graudins <ggraudins_at_my-deja.com> wrote:
> > We're trying to run a production server using OAS 4.0.8.1 on NT 4.0
> > SP5, connecting to an 8.0.5.1 database (certified configuration).
 Since
> > it's a production server, e're trying to achieve 100% uptime, but the
> > problem is the OAS keeps hanging several times a week despite the fact
> > that we've enabled all the recovery options in the OAS Manager. The
> > system routinely has at least 20 concurrent users, with peaks up to
 100.

> > We've tried to have perlscripts that would monitor the site and use
> > owsctl to restart it, but even that is hanging after we upgraded to
 OAS