Re: SQLLDR and LONG: Maintaing <CR>'s in my data.

From: Noodles <noodles_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/02/14

I did this about 2 years ago but had to pre-format the ascii data file and use the sqlldr "continueif" keyword. Basically I made the long column the last column in the data file, used "%" as the continueif char. Then I put a hex char for termination of the multiline long field.

The formatting program was an extra hoop I had to jump through because there was no way I could load the raw data as is. Once I got it working it was even pretty fast.

However; today there might be easier ways using some of the DBMS utility packages and some PL/SQL.

Cliff >Greetings, this may be a basic question, but here goes.