Re: SQL Loader

From: remove CORK to reply <bob>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 14:10:51 GMT

Jon Griffin wrote:
> Is there a way to selectivly import fields from a CSV type file.
> For example if the csv file has the following
> agency,agency_name,first_name,last_name....
> I want to import to 2 normalized tables:
> agency
> agent
>
> agent needs fields 1(agency), 3,4 .....
> agency needs fields 1 and 2 only
>
> I tried adding position(1) etc and get junk.
> Is it only possible to use position with fixed length records?

I forget the exact syntax, but you don't want to use position() in this case. Rather, you want to tell sql*loader that your file is delimited. (The syntax is something like 'delimited by' or 'separated by'.) You can find more sql*loader documentation in the Oracle server tools manual.

~bob Received on Sun Feb 13 2000 - 15:10:51 CET

Original text of this message